Residential window films offer a myriad of benefits—from energy savings, to safety, to UV protection, to decorative enhancements—and professional window tinting installation companies are able to match each client with the best film to address his or her needs.
Not only an aesthetics-minded choice, window tinting film offers these sought-after benefits.
1. Energy Efficiency
One of the most influential reasons to invest in residential window film is for the long-term savings on your home’s energy bill. With regular glass windows, the heat from the sun dramatically rises the temperature inside the home. By installing window film, your home’s heating and cooling bill reflects a decrease in price of up to 30 percent, benefiting both your wallet and the environment.
2. Consistent Climate When the heat from the sun is reduced, your home becomes much more temperature-consistent from room to room. In a home without window tinting film, rooms are often of inconsistent temperatures due to the beating sun penetrating through the windows, despite your thermostat’s setting. Window tinting film helps create an even temperature throughout the home all day long—meaning no more unintentional “sun” rooms.
3. Glare Reduction Window tinting film reflects the heat from the sun as well as the glare. Glare through traditional windows can have an impact on your productivity and comfort levels when working on your computer, watching television, reading, cooking, and doing other household activities and chores. In a window-filmed home, the glare is reflected, so you can continue cleaning the floors or watching your favorite show without the interruption from the sun’s glare.
4. Protection from the Sun Believe it or not, one can sunburn while sitting on the couch if close enough to a window with the sun shining through. According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, UV radiation is the leading cause of non-melanoma skin cancers and a frequent factor in cases of melanoma. Window tinting film reduces 99 percent of ultraviolet (UV) rays and, therefore, protects you and your family when inside the home.
5. Increased Security An additional measure of protection provided by window tinting film is its ability to deter or slow down an unwanted intruder. According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, there were more than 2.1 million burglaries in 2010 in the United States. Forcible entry accounted for 60.5 percent of those cases. Safety film that is installed to the interior and exterior of the window and properly anchored by a certified specialist is able to hold the glass in place longer when an intruder tries to gain entry by breaking through it. Since most window tinting specialists offer several variations of film options—prioritizing safety, energy savings, decorative desires—it’s important to discuss safety concerns during your consultation. The type of window film you opt for could mean the difference between an intruder gaining access to your home 20 seconds slower than through a typical window, two minutes slower or possibly not at all.
6. Safety from Glass Breakage Whether a window is broken by an attempted burglary, severe weather, a natural disaster or simply by a well-aimed baseball, safety window tinting films are able to hold the glass together so that it doesn’t shatter and spread across the room. This extra safety benefit keeps you and your family more protected from glass-related injuries.
If you would like to discuss what options might be best for you feel free to call us at 210-669-2940 and we will be happy to answer any questions you might have.